1. How many video channels does the MDVR have?
Usually MDVR has 4CH cameras for bus and truck. For cars just need one or two rearview cameras.
2. How many audio channels do the DVR's have? We always have as many audio channels as 4CH video channels.
3. What video compression is used?
We currently use the advanced h.264 in all Mobile DVR.
4. Does the Unit have GPS ?
Opional. When you required GPS module, the MDVR is purchased with the GPS module and antenna.
5. Does the MDVR have an accelerometer (G-Forces)?
Yes, when the MDVR has an optional external Inertial Sensor.
6. Is this a Simplex DVR?
Optional. Our MDVR are easy to expand capability with optional modules for: Recording, Live viewing, Video Search and Playback, and Remote View, and administration.
7. Do we have user access protection?
Yes; our MDVR is protected with a two level password, one for administration purposes and the other for monitoring purposes.
8. Can we display advertisement in our MDVRs? No; our MDVR willnot record and play advertisements at the same time.
9. Can we access the MDVR remotely?
Yes; we can access the MDVR remotely via wired network, wireless network, or cellular.
10. Does the MDVR allow IP cameras?
No; it does not work with IP cameras. (Hybrid Operation) .
11. How do I setup my MDVR to be accessed with my laptop? Yes, you have two choices:
A) Connecting your MDVR to your network and providing it an IP Address.
B) Connecting the MDVR directly to your laptop, using a crossover cable.
12. How can I download my data out of the MDVR?
There several ways to download your data to be analyzed in your PC.
a) Using a USB memory stick
b) Using a Laptop over the LAN
c) Using a removable HDD
d) Using the Autodownload Server for automatic downloading.
13. Is our MDVR able to control PTZ cameras?
Yes; our MDVR is able to control PTZ cameras through every video channel. It works with the most popular PTZ protocols.
14. Using MDVR Player (Client Software), can I remotely change the MDVR's settings? Yes; using Player you can remotely change the MDVR's settings; as well as format the HDD and restart the unit.
15. Can the MDVR display the Speed of the vehicle?
Optional. Only when the MDVR has the GPS module installed. Or the Speedometer is connected to its correspondent sensor on the pigtail.
16. Are the recordings protected in some way?
Yes; the files are watermarked and stored in a proprietary format; which can be open with our software to prove its authenticity.
17. Can we create small clips of a large recording?
Yes; using Player you can create smaller clips of your recordings in native file format.
18. Can we export the data into MPEG/AVI format? Yes; using MDVR Player we can export the files to AVI format
19. What is the power consumption of our MDVR?
It has to be supplied with 12V DC; but when installed with the external DC power converter it will work in a range of 8-36v DC
20. What is the minimum and maximum storage capability? Depending on storage hours. Using 2.5" SATA we can go from 80Gb to 500Gb
21. Can we synchronize time with other devices?
Yes; the MDVR can synchronize it's time ONCE A DAY with its GPS or some NTP server.
22. Does the MDVR automatically recycle the HDD?
Yes; by default it will OVERWRITE the HDD once it has a minimum of 2Gb of empty space; but this parameter is user changeable.
23. How does the MDVR protect the data from vibration? The MDVR is designed with built in shock absorbers in the HDD tray. We supply high performance and reliable HDDs designed specifically for mobile environments.
24. Does the MDVR work with SSD (Solid State Drives)?
YEs; our MDVR does work with select SSD.
25. How do I connect the MDVR to my server using a cellular network?
All of our MDVR offer RJ-45 port . It requires an optional router be purchased.
26. What is the quality and resolution for our MDVRs?
High (D1) 720x480 NTSC and 704x576 PAL,
Medium (HD1) 720x240 NTSC and 704x288 PAL
Standard (CIF) 360x240 NTSC and 352x288 PAL
27. Are the video channels independently configured? No; when you modify the settings for one channel; the change will apply to the rest.
28. Are you streaming GPS or other metadata together with the video? Do you use a separate file format?
Our platform streams video and GPS (encrypted) along with other metadata information
29. How many amps can we get from the VDC output on the MDVR?
The MDVR can handle between 3~5 amps.
30. What kind of information can I find in an AVI file ?
The resultant AVI file will have Video + Audio only.
One AVI file will result per each video channel found on the m65 file; if the MDVR was recording two video channels; then 2 AVI files will result, one per channel.
31. Can I connect my laptop or PC directly to the MDVR?
Yes; there are two methods; one is using a router, second using a crossover cable straight to both RJ45 jacks (in the computer and in the MDVR).